The Tetouan-Asmir Center for Musicological Research and Conservation of Musical Heritage organizes:
TRAINING COURSE IN ANDALUSÎ MUSIC
Online, via the Google Meet platform.
Andalusî Music is the musical fruit of the civilization of al-Andalus (711-1492). As such, it encompasses elements of great emotional, spiritual and technical richness. This music, preserved today in the Maghreb countries (Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia), by oral transmission, attests to an original, complex and structured system in an extraordinary lyrical modality.
As such, Andalusî music:
1. belongs to the group of modal music, together with Courtly music, liturgies, Persian, Byzantine and popular music of medieval times.
2. Its modal conception is currently unique in the world, integrating itself into a traditional conception that unites the rational aspect to the spiritual dimension.
3. The beauty of its melodies is worthy of the most refined tastes. Its elegance and finesse attest to a high degree of civilization.
a. History of the Andalusî Music
a. Components and structures. Musical forms.
b. Musical aesthetics. Expression and metaphysical dimension of Andalusî music.
3. MUSICAL THEORY
a. The Andalusî musical form.
b. The Andalusî rhythm.
c. The Andalusî musical mode or Tab`. Definition, characteristics and development.
4. THE MODAL IMPROVISATION
Rules and mechanisms of melodic and rhythmic improvisation.
5. PRACTICAL EXERCISES
Practice of the Andalusî rhythms and modes:
– First session: Basít rhythm and al-Istihlál and al-Hiyáz al-Kabír modes.
– Second session: Qáïm wa Nisf rhythm and al-Isbahán and Gharíba al-Husayn modes.
– Third session: Btayhí rhythm and Rasd Dhayl and Rasd modes.
– Fourth session: Darj rhythm and al-Istihlál and al-Mashriquí modes.
– Fifth session: Quddám rhythm and Gharíba al-Husayn and al-Usháq modes.
THE ONLY COURSE IN THE WORLD THAT PROVIDES THE THEORY OF ANDALUSÎ MUSICAL MODES
The training will be developed according to the following procedure:
1. Material delivery:
b. Audio files.
2. Virtual and interactive meetings every Tuesday from June 1 to August 31 2021, from 8 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Moroccan time), via the Google Meet platform.
The training will culminate in a written exam. The student will be granted a duration of one month, counting from the date of sending the exam sheet, for its resolved return. If the student passes the exam, he or she will be sent the « CERTIFICATE OF ANDALUSÎ MUSIC », awarded by the « Tetuán-Asmir Center for Musicological Research and Conservation of Musical Heritage ». If the student fails to pass, he or she will be granted an additional examination session.
Beginning of the course: Tuesday June 1, 2021.
Fees: € 40.00 / month.
Teacher: AMIN CHAACHOO (Director of the Tetuán-Asmir Center for Musicological Research and Conservation of Musical Heritage, Director of the Al-Haiek Andalusî Orchestra, Director of the Andalusî Orchestra of Malaga).
Phone / Whatsapp: 00.212.6220.127.116.11
L’Harmattan Web Space: http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index.asp?navig=auteurs&obj=artiste&no=30754